Saturday 17 December 2011

Power of Zikr



We have all heard and read so much about zikr… which means remembrance of Allah that there seems no need to get any new information about it but I have always remained very curious on what exactly is Zikr and why is it so important. Specially when I read the verse that ” verily in Allah’s remembrance do hearts find peace” or the verse in which Allah says ” and verily Allah’s remembrance is the greatest thing” So I have tried to maintain a regular routine of duas and Tasbeeh in order to gain its benefits in duniya (peace of heart) and akhirah (reward). But recently I found that the greatest benefit of zikr is that it makes us believe more and more in Allah’s constant presence in our lives and so in all times one feels strong because of this feeling that Allah is with me and that I am not alone. What happened was that I came to know that one of my dearest friend was in town and so I wanted desperately to go to meet her; but due to some unavoidable reasons I just could not go… this was such a disappointment that my heart refused to accept that I could be trapped like this… and so I started blaming the unfairness of the situation; when suddenly I remembered that just yesterday I was telling someone that no matter what happens we should always praise Allah and say Alhamdulillahi ala kulli haal (all thanks to Allah in all situations) and so despite my aching heart I started saying these words again and again… in just a few moments I began to feel like some invisible hand was comforting my burning heart…. cooling the fire of anger and self pity and replacing it with composure and PEACE… I was simply stunned with this almost MAGICAL transformation of my feelings…

And so I realized that how much Allah loves us that He has given us this amazing tool which we can use in all situations. Especially if you keep remembring Him in happiness He will remind you to do zikr when you are upset:) It is just so simple and “do-able”

So next time you feel the urge to dump your anger or frustration on yourself or others… just remember that you are just a moment away from gaining a million blessings by doing Zikr… and if you miss that moment then there is nothing gained but added frustration and heartache… Therefore do yourself a favour and make a habit of zikr so that you might get the power of faith and happiness of His love and comfort of His presence… Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment